Tarutino-Borovsk: Part I

Tarutino-Borovsk: Part I

Postby Vanderer » 24 Mar 2009, 10:15

Decision to break away from Moscow has come right on the spur of the moment. It came in the evening – it was realized in the morning. Why I went to this particular place? I had to drop in some little village nearby. I’ve got out quite late, hustled at Profsoyuznaya about an hour (I should have found some other way, but I was too lazy for that). It became easier later. At 11 I’ve found myself in Tarutino, place where monsieur Murat had a battle with Kutuzov in September of 1812, but failed. In 1834 local landowner even has made a monument devoted to this event, and in XIX peasants he made free have renewed it. The monument’s author is italian Antonelli. For a wonder it wasn’t knocked down in 30ths, so there was no necessity to rebuild it. But there’s a necessity to restore it. Funds were devoted, they came late, so in the middle of the winter the pillar is in scaffoldings – they’re going to gild bas-reliefs.

There’s a little museum close to it – I’ve finally learned details of Tarutino’s maneuver-march there. There’s a church in Tarutino. It is behind Nara river. The road there is weird concrete with icy humps. And I’ve only yesterday replaced car’s steering link On the first look it is not something special – between the end of XIX and the beginning of XX, but it has very interesting frescos in Nesterov-Vasnetsov style. They don’t let to take pictures inside – of course, and outside…

There’s about 15 km from Tarutino to Borovsk. The part of the road after Balabanovo (joke about partisan with matches came to my mind) is broken a little – it’s uncritical, but you jump on holes, and it’s hard to bypass them – a lot of them are on opposite site of the road. Just before getting to Borovsk I turn to Ryabushki village. I remember there should be an old church there. Yes, there is – it’s to the name of Dmitry
Solunsky, it’s quite late, it’s overgrown by trees, and – alas – it’s closed. They open it only for office.

There’s a nice view from the church square to Pafnutiev-Borovsky monastery. And generally sights jn Borovsk are very remarkable, and deep valley of Protva river is one of the most beautiful parts of the,

While turning around the church I’ve found such wicket-door, that leads to private apartments. There’s a heart with cross on the wicket-door – that’s the Borovsk’s emblem.

Fater that I go to village Roscha – it also has a church, as I remember. Yes, it does and not bad! The curch of Nativity of the Blessed Virgin. Last year it celebrated its 300th anniversary. Though I haven’t noticed any good cross-over at first, and I’ve got to some track in the snow, but still..

Again nice picture – now it’s the outsrkirts of Borovsk, with church Borisoglebskaya and cathedral Staroobryadchesky.

There’s a direct road from Roscha to Pafnutiev-Borovsky monastery. It was founded by grandson of Christian tartar Parfeny, who took name Pafnuty after taking the veil. It was in first half of XV. He was a prior of this monastery more than 30 years, and he left after him Josef Volotsky as a successor. In the beginning the monastery was made of wood, stone buildings appear only in XVI. But I should come inside first. The saint gates are quite modern - of almost XIX century.

To be continued...
Vanderer

Google

Tarutino-Borovks: Part I

Postby Moonlab » 24 Mar 2009, 13:13

Great! Waiting for the continue
Moonlab

Tarutino-Borovks: Part I

Postby Willa » 24 Mar 2009, 18:28

Thanks! Waititng too :)
Willa
Secret